GDPR – Privacy Notice
As an IT Support and Services Provider IT IN BUSINESS provide Computer, Server and Network support to service a selected number of contract clients. We do not provide services to consumers (i.e we only serve B2B). These services will include; Installation, Maintenance, Software, Subscriptions, Hardware, Private Cloud Services, and the sale and supply of I.T. related equipment and labour.
Data Protection Officer
Under the regulation, IT IN BUSINESS does not require a Data Protection Officer however you can contact us anytime regarding any questions or concerns via our help desk or using our contact details above.
We only process data strictly on behalf of our contract clients. The data we may process include:
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Details of computers including IP addresses (for Support reasons)
- Usernames and passwords (for Support reasons).
- Invoice address
Our Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
We will process your data securely under the following legal basis:
- We require a name, address, telephone number, email address for secure identification and correspondence during your support agreement.
- We require contact details to inform you of any I.T. related emergencies and to communicate with you to be able to provide our services.
- We require details above including your computer details, IP address and network information in order to carry out the required support on your data network
- All Private Cloud Services hosted by IT IN BUSINESS are built on fully compliant and certified, well known UK based datacentres located within easy reach to our offices based in London.
- Passwords are key to data security- It is your own responsibility to safeguard your own passwords. Please ensure you change your passwords regularly and maintain sufficient complexity. Please contact our help desk anytime in case of any questions, concerns or for further advice.
Special Categories of Personal Data
- We do not store any ‘special’ personal data such as driving license, passport, biometrics or national insurance number.
- We may ask to ‘view’ an item of ‘special’ personal data if being asked to hand over sensitive data and we are required to identify an authorised recipient in order to prevent a data breach.
IT IN BUSINESS will never share your details with any third parties. However some services supported by us do involve third party solutions such as Microsoft for which you will find the detailed policies below.
The following third parties may receive your personal data as a part of processing activities:
Your Rights as a Data Subject
As a data subject, you will have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the unlikely event that IT IN BUSINESS Ltd refuses your request under rights of access on behalf of your employer, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
Please send any initial complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying your employer or contact us directly on 02030211220