Tel : 02030211220

IT Support Watford

title

We are a short 10 minute drive to the heart of Watford home to Watford FC.

Get in touch – see how we can help

Here are some interesting facts about Watford

Watford FC moved to Vicarage Road in 1922 after it had been playing for 23 years at a ground on Cassio Road. The club played their first match at the new ground on the 30th of August 1922 against Millwall.

Despite working with the likes of music heavyweights Emeli Sande, Cheryl Cole, Lily Allen and Sam Smith, Naughty Boy still lives in West Watford with his parents. His first recording studio was in their garden shed.

Watford has made huge contributions to the printing industry. Rotary photogravure was a technique which was first used in Watford to reproduce very fine, high quality fine art prints and then it went on to be used to produce colour magazines. All the ladies’ colour magazines, like Woman’s Weekly and Woman’s Own, were all printed in Watford, as well as most of the colour supplements for the Sunday newspapers.

Kings Langley was the home of the makers of Ovaltine and the listed factory facade is now all that is left and still stands alongside the railway line among a new housing development. The Ovaltine factory itself has recently been converted into a series of flats and duplexes.

In the 1960s, RAF Bovingdon was used in the production of four World War II films, The War Lover (1962); 633 Squadron (1964) The Battle of Britain (1968) and Mosquito Squadron (1969).

It was also used to film parts of the flying car scenes in the James Bond film The Man With the Golden Gun starring Roger Moore. On television it served as the location for at least one black and white episode of The Avengers The Hour That Never Was, starring Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg featuring Gerald Harper and Roy Kinnear, as well as the 1980 Blake’s 7 episode The Harvest of Kairos as the surface of the planet Kairos.

Get in touch – see how we can help

Content