Know your Cloud
Know your Cloud
Cloud technologies are here to stay. The rapid adoption of various “clouds” introduces a number of fundamental challenges that most organisations fail to recognize early in the technology selection process.
Mainstream cloud computing services often refers to software and data stored and run on shared hardware resources. They can deliver various “as services” (XaaS) to you at a lower cost due to economies of scale.
To migrate to and from different types of clouds can be expensive, time consuming and cause interference to mission critical business operations. Following is a brief summary of some of the high level concerns.
- Microsoft 365 based technologies are developing rapidly and at a phenomenal scale changing every aspect of how you do business across all industries.
- Various low cost clouds are competing in an ever changing industry offering rigid templated solutions requiring your business to work around incompatible systems.
- The market is flooded with over standardised and simplified system implementations built for mainstream low cost use.
- Hybrid clouds built with a clear road map on the other hand can empower you to build processes that work for your business working along side key Microsoft 365 technologies.
- In the “cloud” there is no boarder control. Your data is held wherever the service providers datacentres are or will be in the future. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply in the UK from 25 May 2018.
- Mergers, acquisitions, shareholder changes, unexpected disasters, commercial and political interests etc. are all very common among the big players in the IT industry. When not thought through these natural changes will directly impact your routine and mission critical business processes. There are many types of cloud. And there are many ways to make it work (or not!).
We understand the value in your existing business processes. We value the time and effort you have put in to build reliable work flows across your business. We are at the forefront of new technologies and we know the ongoing need to fine tune your systems to keep you ahead of your competition. That’s why we take the time to carefully evaluate how fundamental systems changes can impact your mission critical processes – across all levels. We work with you every step of the way until together, we get it right for your business. Because we know our success follows yours.