IT Support Engineers – Elstree, Borehamwood, Stanmore, Edgware, Watford, Bushy, Harrow, Barnet, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans
Multiple roles 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line
We are looking for 1st -3rd line engineers that are looking for a creative, dynamic, service driven happy dynamic environment! Essentially, Techno-Geeks who can speak human!
If you are within easy commute or based between our offices this could be an added advantage. Easy access to Jubilee line for Stanmore station or Northern for Edgware station, M1, M25 or A41. We also have a company car to a local tube station)
IT IN BUSINESS are a 12 years (young!) dynamic Managed IT Service Provider. We have a solid, stable background and have been growing our clientele, offerings and technology since. We service customers operating locally, in the UK and across different continents. We have a true passion and drive for technology and are at the forefront of adapting new and emerging technologies.
What Does a Support Engineer Do?
- A good understanding of technical trouble shooting (e.g. hardware, networking, password & security, cabling, workstation configuration etc.)
- Rebuilds of workstations
- Installation of software / hardware / networks
- Log and handle tickets
- Proactive maintenance (AV, patching etc)
- Qualification equivalent: A+ or MTA (have or aim for)
- Minimal supervision required
- Average to good trouble shooting skills (e.g. AD; servers; workstations; databases; networking, Office 365)
- Ability to know where to find information if unable to resolve (i.e. technical sites; vendors; etc)
- Rebuilds of servers
- Troubleshooting of applications
- Qualification equivalent: MCSA (have or aim for)
- No supervision required
- Excellent trouble shooting skills (e.g. Cisco, Meraki, Watchguard, VMware, PowerShell, Hyper-V, Exchange, Office 365, SQL Server, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Cloud, Azure, MDM, SSO, ATA)
- Investigation of repeat failures and establishing root cause
- Consultancy and execution of technical projects and solutions
- Any project management experience
- Qualification equivalent: MCSE (have or aim for)
End user training / consultancy
- Former experience in support
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to train and gain
- Initiative and self learner of latest technologies
So, Am I Right for the Job?
- Experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment relevant to your level (i.e. 1+ year for entry level etc.)
- Ability to Communicate professionally taking ownership and initiative at all levels.
- Experience supporting Microsoft software (Office, Exchange, Active Directory, Server etc)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MTA/MCSA/MCSE/CCNA or similar advantageous but not essential!
- Demonstrate excellent service desk ethos, organisation, record keeping and professional discipline.
- Have exceptional ability to quickly identify root cause and resolve complicated technical issues.
- Experience in remote support tools, helpdesk systems (Kaseya Connectwise, N-able, etc),
- Ability to liaise with third parties working to time targets
- A good understanding of backup and security principles
- Ability to work occasional out of hours / travel to London